Title: Sector Director for Human Development
Bio: Steen Lau Jorgensen is Sector Director for Human Development in the Middle East and North Africa Region of the World Bank covering health, education, labor and social protection – a job he has held since 2008. In his twenty-five years in the WorldicBank, Mr. Jorgensen has worked on strategy and operational activities across a number of themes including economic and social development, governance and community empowerment. Mr. Jorgensen has worked across the developing world and in transition countries. Mr. Jorgensen has also held corporate jobs in the World Bank advising Regional and Senior Management. Mr. Jorgensen is the co-author of two strategy papers as well as academic publications on community development, climate change and poverty analysis. Mr. Jorgensen, a Danish national, holds a post-graduate degree in Economics from the University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- What I told your Finance Ministers: don’t lose sight of your priorities
- What a great e-converstion & this is what I'm telling your Finance Ministers
- Let’s have a conversation about what exactly I should tell your Finance Minister
- Great expectations – short term measures for employment and safety nets
- The Arab openness revolution – Can the World Bank keep up?