Title: Human Development Specialist
Bio: Amina Semlali specializes in skills development and works on Labor Market Integration (with a focus on youth) and Active Labor Market Policies, in the Social Protection and Labor unit of the World Bank’s Middle East and North Africa Region. Prior to this position, Amina worked for the World Bank’s Human Development Department - focusing on Entrepreneurship and Early Childhood Development issues. She has published numerous papers on the above topics. She has worked in countries such as Yemen, Egypt, Lebanon, West Bank and Gaza, Morocco and the UAE. Amina is of Swedish and Moroccan origin, she speaks five languages and holds a Master’s degree in International Relations and Political Science from Uppsala University, Sweden. (Twitter: @Amina_Semlali)
- Yemen's women make their voices heard from revolution to constitution
- Fighting poverty in the Arab world: with Soap Operas?
- The virtual tribe: community of practitioners explores employment & safety nets in MENA
- The rhythm of empowerment: female rappers from Morocco to Gaza
- Am I the native under your magnifier? I need a JOB, not a dissection!
- Arab citizens demanding a seat at the virtual table